SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Senior Director Mobile Network Technology Strategy
Our Client Group is one of the world’s leading telecom groups in emerging markets. They rank amongst the most profitable telecom groups in the world. Its high credit ratings at AA-/A+/Aa3 reflect the company’s strong balance sheet and proven long-term performance.
- Contribute to defining of the Group-wide network evolution strategy and roadmap in line with the Group technology vision.
- Lead the development of new technologies and architecture framework standards.
- Define group-wide network audit and high-level network guidelines including disaster recovery.
- Support OpCos in estimation of Network Capital Purchase and technology decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define Group-wide mobile and fixed network evolution strategy in coordination with Corporate Strategy & Business Development
- Liaise with Group Marketing and obtain P&S roadmap as input for network strategy
- Define Group technology roadmap in accordance with technology vision
- Drive development of new mobile and fixed technologies taking into account network strategies
- Assess global technology standards and monitor international developments in ICT innovations and establish relationship with technology associations
- Develop mobile and fixed network architecture framework and standards
- Develop network disaster recovery strategies, plans and guidelines
- Build knowledge based on trends & share best practices with OpCos
- Define Group wide network audit
- Set other high-level network guidelines: performance, high availability, site survivability, security, storage capacity, scalability, operations and management
- Support Greenfield OpCos in network decisions
- Coordinate with RC Technology and OpCos to estimate network capital purchases
- Develop network strategies to achieve synergies and savings in coordination with Mobile Network Planning
- Establish technology partnerships, commercial aspects in coordination with Procurement.
- Contribute to the development of the Technology strategy for the Group and oversee its implementation in area of responsibility across the Group
- Review the analysis of relevant Technology processes and recommend optimization to enhance functional performance and efficiency.
- Monitor, track and follow up on the performance and competence of the Network Strategy team.
- Develop and recommend the financial and manpower budget for Network Strategy division. Control the section budget within approved parameters
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Mobile & Communications Technology or equivalent
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Telecom Network Management; Certification in Telecommunication Networks.
- Strong amount of experience, including a good amount of experience managing the Network Strategy Department of a large and progressive business organization, preferably a telecom company
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".