SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Smart TV Product Manager
Our Client is the global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, they are transforming the worlds of televisions,smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. They employ 206,000 people across 72 countries with annual sales exceeding US $143.1 billion. Their goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere.
Purpose of the Role...
The TV/AV team is looking for a Smart TV Product Manager to formulate, own and execute the Smart TV platform strategy and establish Smart TV/AV products as the most engaging and entertaining platform across all connected devices in the UK and Ireland markets.
The ideal candidate needs to understand the global Smart TV platform strategy by collaborating with HQ and European teams, and thereafter work closely with the technical and partnership managers to establish and execute a regional marketing strategy that is optimized for the local consumers.
The primary goals would be to leverage existing content and services partnerships, and identify new partnerships to launch and market in the UK to drive product sales, consumer engagement and monetization of the Smart TV platform.
- Gain understanding of the product specifications and technology of the Smart TV platform as well as the competitive landscape
- Own the strategy and execution of marketing activities encompassing digital (dotcom, E-CRM, weekly newsletters and social), and PR
- Deliver against agreed KPIs in terms of platform engagement/usage and revenues
- Formulate strategy to establish key partnerships across multiple content and services verticals such as Video, Music, Games and Smart Home by collaborating with the Content Partnership Manager
- Stay on top of latest innovations in the connected device industry to ensure that the Smart TV platform continues to be the leading industry platform
- Regularly update management on performance of Smart TV platform and strategies to meet annual goals
- Be an evangelist of the Smart TV platform
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ work experience within the Connected TV, Broadcast Media, Mobile, or Technology industries
- Minimum two years’ work experience marketing technology products to consumers
- Solid understanding of the OTT media (streaming, video-on-demand, games, etc.) marketplace including platform landscapes, key industry players, apps and services, etc.
- Understanding of the UK & Ireland TV industry including broadcasters, Pay-TV operators, Freeview and Freesat products, HbbTV, etc.
To be successful in this role you ideally have:-
- Dream big yet have a pragmatic approach to execute smaller steps towards your vision
- Proactive and self-starter with a focus on “getting things done”
- Passionate streaming video and audio products
- Comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Ability to adapt and change courses quickly and work under time constraints to deliver results
- Comfortable working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- MS Office skills and Presentation skills
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".