SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Head of Policy & Research
Our Client is a not for profit Muslim community NGO dedicated to tackling Islamophobia via advocacy in the media and Westminster alongside grass roots empowerment of British Muslims. Their work has been commended by The World Economic Forum and various other national and international agencies. They achieve their objectives by:
• Providing critical commentary and analysis on the high volumes of news content and media coverage that maligns Islam and Muslims and foments anti-Muslim prejudice in the UK and across Europe
• Documenting Islamophobia
• Promoting active Muslim citizenship through participation in the British political process and fostering close ties with key political institutions
• Working with Muslim and non-Muslim organisations to ensure that Islamophobia is regarded as just as socially unacceptable as anti-Semitism and other forms of racism and xenophobia
• Working with mainstream organisations and in policy forums and public consultations, such as select committees and the Leveson Inquiry to provide informed, critical perspectives on policy issues and to ensure an accurate and balanced portrayal of Islam and Muslims in the media.
They are looking for an enthusiastic team leader with excellent research skills to join their dynamic team at the head office in London. You will be leading the research team on delivering high quality research projects on media output on Islam and Muslims, Islamophobia, policy development on integration, social cohesion and religion in society, and political engagement by British Muslim communities.
You will be required to oversee the following:
Media monitoring and analysis – overseeing analysis of media output on religion and society, Islam and Muslims in the UK and Europe, and Islamophobia
Politics and public policy – managing projects and reports on British Muslim political engagement, racial and religious equality, counter-terrorism policy, Islamophobia and human rights. Reports will include election manifestos to assist MEND’s advocacy campaigns
Project support – managing data collation and analysis for consultation submissions, policy briefing papers, Islamophobia annual reports and other outputs and publications
Programme support – periodic review of programme content for community engagement projects on media and political literacy
- General - Write opinion pieces and produce literature reviews on key topics. Oversee the compilation of media output on Islam and Muslims on their website, and provide written commentary on the same. Distil key messages for dissemination on Social Media. Give presentations to key stakeholders.
- First or upper second class degree in the social sciences or humanities, ideally from a Russell Group University
- Needs to be able to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends where required
- Research skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis and Social Media familiarity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in media monitoring
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements in print and broadcast media in the UK
- Understanding of UK and European media landscape
- Passionate about media, politics, research and Muslim communities
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".