SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
National Account Manager SIM Free
Our Client is the global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, they are transforming the worlds of televisions,smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. They employ 206,000 people across 72 countries with annual sales exceeding US $143.1 billion. Their goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere.
Purpose of the Role...
To manage defined areas associated with a named customer to succeed in all key parameters. These areas include managing relationships and driving new business opportunities within the account. It is the Account Manager’s role to broaden the Company's points of entry into sales channels and increase the Company's standing within the account. The ultimate goal is to significantly grow market share to current business aspiration delivering upside both in terms of volume and value and to maintain leadership for the Company within the UK consumer electronics market.
The role of Consumer Account Manager; (Minimum Standards)
Focused upon the consumer channels within a named accounts(s), the role includes: the establishment and maintenance of sales operations procedures to improve efficiency, provide potential cost savings, and increase sales.
- Deliver on set parameters that have been laid out as the strategy for the Company in such areas as finance, marketing and operations and work to improve operational efficiency in these areas.
- Meet and exceed the agreed business plan to deliver stated financial targets within the account (volume, value, ASP and consolidated profit) and drive market share goals.
- Maintain and grow relationships within the named account(s) at appropriate levels
- As a team we must ensure that all relevant information is regularly communicated within the account team and the wider business. Working with the Account Director the successful candidate will play a key role in achieving and influencing overall goals and targets.
- As the Company experiences further growth there is a need to gather sales and market information from the customer to ensure that we have a full understanding of the requirements for successfully penetrating new channels and growing market share. This process should be regular and repeatable and should be gathered and disseminated by the Account Manager. This data should include but not be limited to the following –
- Weekly market share position
- Weekly sales out data by channel
- Store level sales and traffic data where appropriate
- Competitor tariff and positioning information (where publically available)
- Support sales management when absent to deliver the overall sales team goals and targets
- Attend weekly cross functional account meetings.
- Contribute to the consumer plan and overall account plan
- Creation and maintenance of weekly account log (delivered by close of play Wednesday each week)
- Attendance of weekly sales and supply chain/PSI meetings to raise issues which affect customers and Company strategy.
- Attend quarterly account reviews and follow up actions well within the due date
- Escalation of any business critical issues to the relevant head of sales/account director
- Co-ordination of product launch activities within account
- Ultimate responsibility for all marketing and sell-through activity within defined channel including compliance and channel specific activities, developing programmes across PAYM, PAYG , retention and acquisition channels
- Responsibility for core portfolio ranging selection within account.
- Creation and maintenance of account relationship mapping across all levels
- Weekly ownership for Supply chain management and forecast management (AP2) including forecast accuracy (8 weeks) and purchase order cover (4 weeks).
- Gather and disseminate market share information and competitive intelligence
- Holiday cover for relevant team member
- Essential skills required
- Experienced sales person with achievement history within the Mobile / Network / retail environment
- Man management experience and motivation of sales teams / channels
- Good working knowledge of key stakeholders within the mobile industry including both networks and retailers and their associated promotional practices
- Essential Soft skills required
- Dedicated and passionate work ethic
- Good attention to detail and process driven
- A good understanding of P&L
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be adept at managing all levels of customer relationships
- A creative, problem solving attitude to resolving issues and meeting targets
- Self-motivated, flexible individual
- Organised individual – procedures/policies/expenses
- FMCG experience an advantage
- Provide good quality market information
- FMCG experience and experience in the Mobile sector is an advantage
- Desirable Hard skills
- Experience within mobile sector
- Managed and implemented promotional marketing programs within consumer or business channels
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".