SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Lead Java Engineer
Our Client is changing the way people give and get help, in work and life. People post questions, publicly or anonymously, and matching algorithms connect them with others in the community for fast, bite-sized advice. Following a successful mobile app pilot, they will appoint an outstanding engineering candidate to help extend the platform over desktop for delivery into leading global organisations. You must be a highly motivated individual who is excited by the opportunity to work in an early stage company, with less than 20 employees. Team spirit, dedication and passion are just as important as your strong technical skills.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will work out of offices close to Finchley Road tube station or West Hampstead mainline station.
This lead java role involves taking responsibility for developing quality technology solutions. You will be solving and simplifying challenging problems, working with a first-class team, utilising your own experience, skill and well known scalable frameworks.
- Excellent understanding of Core Java and how to build scalable Java processes
- Experienced in graphing technology e.g. Neo4j, OrientDB – clustering, querying, integration
- “Big data” technology e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
- Knowledge of multi threading, multi-tier architectures
- Expertise in SPRING, Apache KAFKA
- Understand messaging and notification concepts
- Experienced with Agile processes, JIRA, task management etc
- Experienced in load testing, creating unit tests and functional tests that exercise functionality with respect to load
- Able to model data structures & algorithms resulting from user stories
- Able to write java processes which can manage large volumes of data
- Bonus: Machine Learning experience – Sentiment analysis, natural language processing or predictive analytics
Specific experience in:
- TDD, JUnit , Mocking, Load & Performance testing, Memory Leak prevention and detection
- Experience in AWS and IntelliJ IDE
- Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Hibernate, Maven & experience of latest release tools
- SQL experience – ideally multiple database vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and try new approaches
- "Can do" mentality, methodical thinker with excellent logical problem solving skills
- Highly motivated to achieve goals – must display exceptional work ethic
- Excellent team-player willing to go the extra mile
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".