SIGN IN / REGISTER
To apply for jobs or to upload your CV, please register your details
Senior Pricing & Planning Manager
Our Client is a part of one of the world’s largest telecommunications Groups. They switched on their mobile network in 2009 and shortly after started delivering great value to its customers with a range of exciting products and services. Having built a world class converged IP network, they launched fibre-based consumer and enterprise fixed-line services commercially in 2012.
To define the consumer and enterprise pricing strategy across all services. This must be maintained and updated throughout the year in line with relevant market developments.
Support across enterprise and consumer with pricing decisions and business case development to ensure the best customer and commercial outcomes are achieved from in market activity. This includes providing responses to local or global enterprise RFI, RFP, RFQ and Special Bids that include cross functional input on commercial drivers.
Maintain consumer forecasts and the primary contributor to the annual commercial consumer planning activity.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Understand the market, competitors and segment opportunities
- Identify customer and commercial opportunities through analytics
- Comprehensive understanding of the business revenue and costs models
- Define strategy on how prices will be set and rules as to how and when they will be changed
- Use the pricing strategy to support pricing recommendations as part of GTM RFP response activity.
Deliver pricing and business cases:
- Use the pricing strategy, comprehensive analytics and competitor considerations to create pricing recommendations for market activity and enterprise customer proposals
- Timely delivery of business cases and with clear visibility of the right sensitivities for all planned and competitive response items
- Challenge inputs where needed to ensure fair and balanced commercial evaluation of proposals that are driven by the right parameters and consider all costs and relevant risks
- Ensure with Finance alignment and approval on all business case deliverables prior to final proposals
- Post implementation reviews of activity to validate benefit delivery
Consumer forecasting and planning:
- Maintain consumer KPI forecasts as part of weekly trading management
- Identify commercial opportunities or risks as a result of emerging trends or variances
- Articulate drivers of forecast variance to budgets or plans
- Lead commercial representative for the consumer commercial planning process
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Pricing: Comprehensive understanding and ability to explain different pricing models their economics and situations to which they are best suited.
- Commercial Acumen: Commercial mind-set with extensive experience in senior commercial roles managing pricing, P&Ls, strategy and investment decisions
- Data and Analytics: Proven ability to define problem statements and identify the right data and analytic models to resolve. Use data and analysis to uncover opportunities and issues.
- Actionable Insights: Make critical decisions based on commercial, customer and competitive insights.
Leadership: Strong personal impact. Ability to present to senior leaders. Ability to communicate complex subjects in a simple way. Ability to manage conflicts and opposing points of view. Work cross functionally facilitate deliverables
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree
- 5+ years’ experience industry or functional experience
- Advanced commercial and analytical skills
- Enterprise & Fixed pricing experience is a must.
VIDEO CASE STUDY
Candidate employed by Orange Labs
"Capumen was quite different to other agencies", "Very friendly and helpful and gave advice in interviewing techniques", "I would have no hesitation in recommending Capumen to other candidates".
Kashif Chaudhry - Orange Labs
"Capumen spent time understanding our organisation and the needs of our business", "It was so obvious their CEO has spent 20 years working in the TMT sectors", "We only needed 2 interviews before filling the role".